Wednesday, October 3, 2007

In The Beginning : Prologue

Good morning, music lovers. My name is Jason Robinson, music aficionado from St. Louis here to tell you about the records that changed my life.

When I say "record" I mean "album" - a collection of songs intended to flow together as a cohesive whole. People misunderstand and think I will only be discussing vinyl LPs. This is not the case, nor is it the case that I will be reviewing only 12" singles, 7" releases from punk bands, '45s, etc.

Guest bloggers may come in the future, but for now, it'll just be little ol' me. Enjoy the site and come back for more, if you like. You can subscribe to this blog via XML/Atom, there is a link at the bottom of the page - throw it on your Google Reader or what-have-you and read along.

1 comment:

JRo said...

A caveat to the above : We will not be reviewing the following -

Compilations (this is NOT an album proper), Anything newer than 2000 (it can't be a Desert Island Record if it's brand-spanking new!) and some of my accursed pop music collection (Britney Spears, Paula Abdul, etc.)